AOVET fellowships are available in four-week increments under the guidance of AOVET member mentors at hospitals and private clinics worldwide.
- AOVET active membership
- Participation in an AOVET Principles or Advanced Fracture Management course
- Good command of the host centre’s local language and/or English
AOVET Fellowship Program 2020
The online application for AOVET fellowships 2019 is now closed. The application deadline for fellowships 2020 is August 31, 2019
To be eligible for an AOVET fellowship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- AOVET fellowship application
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of veterinary medical school diploma
- Copy of AOVET Principles and Advanced Course certificate
- Two current letters of recommendation (preferably from an AOVET Member)
- If available, a list of publications and/or lectures written or delivered by the applicant
- Letter of acceptance/confirmation letter from AOVET Member at the host institution
For the fellowship the applicant should look for an institution matching his/her level of expertise. Contact and acceptance by the direction of the institution is mandatory before submitting the application forms and must be organized by the fellow.
Please submit your application and attachments via mail to email@example.com for review and approval by the AOVET Regional Boards in accordance with AOVET education.
During your fellowship, you will receive a small stipend fund to help cover accommodation and living costs. Please note that travel as well as insurance costs must be funded entirely by the fellow.
Every fellow is requested to keep a logbook or diary to document all activities that occur during their AOVET fellowship. The logbook must be submitted, together with the confidential report, at the end of the fellowship.
What types of fellowships are available?
Young motivated veterinary surgeons can apply for an AOVET-sponsored fellowship or a veterinary externship at the AO Research Institute in Davos
AOVET fellowshipsFour-week fellowships under the guidance of AOVET mentors at hospitals and private clinics worldwide
Veterinary ExternshipsGain practical insight in surgery, anesthesia, laboratory medicine, imaging, and preclinical orthopedic research in Davos
“It was a great opportunity to be awarded the fellowship, in which I was able get involved in clinical cases, as well as a research project related to bone fracture and repair in horses.”
Nurul Hayah Khairuddin, Malaysia (Fellowship in 2017 with Prof Dr Raphael Labens at the Charles Stuart University in Australia)