AO VET fellowships are available in four-week increments under the guidance of AO VET member mentors at hospitals and private clinics worldwide.
- AO VET active membership
- Participation in an AO VET Principles or Advanced Fracture Management course
- Good command of the host center’s local language and/or English
AO VET Fellowship Program 2021
The application deadline for fellowships 2021 is August 31, 2020
To be eligible for an AO VET fellowship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- AO VET fellowship application
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of veterinary medical school diploma
- Copy of AO VET Principles and Advanced Course certificate
- Two current letters of recommendation (preferably from an AO VET Member)
- If available, a list of publications and/or lectures written or delivered by the applicant
- Letter of acceptance/confirmation letter from AO VET Member at the host institution
For the fellowship the applicant should look for an institution matching his/her level of expertise. Contact and acceptance by the direction of the institution is mandatory before submitting the application forms and must be organized by the fellow.
Please submit your application and attachments via mail to email@example.com for review and approval by the AO VET Regional Boards in accordance with AO VET education.
During your fellowship, you will receive a small stipend fund to help cover accommodation and living costs. Please note that travel as well as insurance costs must be funded entirely by the fellow.
Every fellow is requested to keep a logbook or diary to document all activities that occur during their AO VET fellowship. The logbook must be submitted, together with the confidential report, at the end of the fellowship.
What types of fellowships are available?
Young, motivated, veterinary surgeons can apply for an AO VET-sponsored fellowship or a veterinary externship at the AO Research Institute Davos (ARI)
AO VET fellowshipsFour-week fellowships under the guidance of AO VET mentors at hospitals and private clinics worldwide
Veterinary ExternshipsGain practical insight in surgery, anesthesia, laboratory medicine, imaging, and preclinical orthopedic research in Davos
“It was a great opportunity to be awarded the fellowship, in which I was able get involved in clinical cases, as well as a research project related to bone fracture and repair in horses.”
Nurul Hayah Khairuddin, Malaysia (Fellowship in 2017 with Prof Dr Raphael Labens at the Charles Stuart University in Australia)