Call for applications for AO VET International Board chairperson
AO VET seeks candidates for AO VET International Board chairperson position
19 October 2020
Don't miss this opportunity to get involved! For the position of AO VET International Board (IB) chairperson, AO VET seeks a highly motivated individual dedicated to sharing and encouraging ideas across professional and cultural boundaries. The successful applicant will lead the AO VET International Board and oversee and manage all board activities. The applicant needs to be able to work in a multicultural environment with no travel restrictions and is expected to have the vision to lead and contribute to AO VET in setting new standards and in positioning AO VET as a global leader in animal trauma care.
AO VET invites potential candidates who fulfill the requirements provided in the job description to submit their completed applications by 23:55 Central European Time (CET), November 2, 2020, to AO VET Executive Director Eberhard Denk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the job description for details.
Chairperson, AO VET International Board
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- The AO VET Summary of Curriculum Vitae Form with a recent, passport-size portrait photograph. If you have any difficulty uploading your photo, please forward a photo of yourself in one of the common electronic formats (e.g. JPEG or BMP) along with your application.
- A signed letter of intent (three pages maximum) describing your goals and priorities as future AO VET International Board chairperson
- Signed AO Foundation Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Optional: complete professional curriculum vitae
How will my application be processed?
Please submit your documents via email to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
The AO VET International Board acts as the AO VET Nominating Committee and will evaluate applicants’ credentials and eligibility and establish a list of qualified candidates for election.
Who gets to cast a vote?
The electorate for AO VET officer positions consists of:
- Voting members of the AO VET International Board
- Voting members of the AO VET regional boards
- Voting members of the AO VET global commissions
The successful candidate will be announced in December 2020. The elected candidate will assume his/her position as chairperson of the AO VET International Board in July 2021.
Outlook on further upcoming AO VET elections
Please be informed that over the next months, several other AO VET governance positions will be up for election. Click here for a timeline for these elections.
Please note that these elections will be conducted in a staggered manner so that candidates can apply for several positions (one after another). There will be always at least one month (30 days) for the call for applications, so that candidates have sufficient time to prepare their application packages.
Please click here for an overview on the eligibility and electorate for each of these upcoming elections.
Thank you for your interest in—and your support of—AO VET. We wish the applicants every success!
Your AO VET team