AO VET Fellowship
30 July 2020
Wondering how to enhance your AO VET experience? Would you like to gain deeper insight and first-hand experience in how our AO principles are put into practice? Why not consider an AO VET Fellowship?
Apply now for a 2021 Fellowship slot (deadline closes August 31, 2020) and gain experience with our AO VET Community!
The AO VET Fellowship Program allows you to see how our AO principles are realized when treating patients, helping you deepen your understanding of fracture care and further developing your skills. AO VET Fellowships are between two and twelve weeks long and take place at designated University hospitals or private clinics worldwide. To help cover living expenses, a Fellow receives a budget of CHF 500 per week.
What are the requirements?
To be eligible for an AO VET Fellowship, you must meet the following requirements and submit these documents with your application:
- AO VET fellowship application
- Personal curriculum vitae (CV)
- Copy of veterinary medical school diploma
- Copy of AO VET Principles and Advanced Course certificate
- Two current letters of recommendation (preferably from an AO VET Faculty Surgeon)
- If available, a list of publications and/or lectures written or delivered by the applicant
- Letter of acceptance/confirmation letter from AO VET Faculty Surgeon at the host institution
For your Fellowship, you should look for an institution matching your level of expertise. Contact and acceptance by the direction of the institution is mandatory before submitting the application forms and must be organized by the Fellow. When choosing a host clinic, please make sure you are supervised by an AO VET Faculty Surgeon.
Please submit your application and attachments via mail to email@example.com. Applications are reviewed and approved by the AO VET Regional Boards and final allocation takes place at AO VET Education Committee Meeting towards the end of 2020.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Christine Bentz at firstname.lastname@example.org.