Call for applications: Latin America Regional Board Member
AO VET is seeking a faculty member for the Latin America Regional Board Position (Community Development Competence)
11 February 2020
Don't miss out on the chance to get involved! We are looking for candidates who
- are active AO VET Faculty and have been involved in at least one teaching event as Faculty or Course Chair in the last three years
- have completed a Faculty Education Program (FEP)
- are motivated to shape the future of AO VET
AO VET invites potential candidates, who fulfill the requirements provided in the job description, to submit their completed application by March 3, 2020, 3 pm CET to Eberhard Denk, AO VET Executive Director.
Please see the job description for details.
Member of the AO VET Latin America (LAT) Board with Community Development (CD) Competence for a 3-year term (small animal surgeon); this role will also act as a member of the AO VET CD Commission.
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- The AO VET Summary of Curriculum Vitae Form with a recent passport-size portrait photograph. Should you encounter difficulties in uploading a current photo, please forward with your application a picture of you in one of the usual electronic formats, e.g. JPEG, BMP.
- A comprehensive Letter of Intent that describes your goals and priorities as a future Regional Board Member (maximum three pages)
- Signed AO Foundation Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Optional: complete personal Curriculum Vitae
How are AO VET Regional Boards formed?
Each Regional Board (Asia-Pacific [APAC], Europe [EU], Latin-America [LAT], North America [NA]) has one elected board member with a competency for Education, Community Development or R&D. In addition, one elected member from each board will represent large animal surgery.
According to the terms of reference, no more than two members of a Regional Board can come from the same country (as determined by place of work rather than nationality), except in exceptional circumstances—this rule also includes the Regional Board Chairperson.
Also, each Regional Board can have only one representative from the Large Animal area. Please access the current composition of your Regional Board here.
How will my application be processed?
Please submit your documents via email to Eberhard Denk.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
The Nominating Committee for this election is the AO VET International Board. It will evaluate the credentials and eligibility of the applicants and establish a list of qualified candidates for the election.
Who gets to cast a vote?
The electorate consists of active faculty of a respective region who:
- were actively involved in a teaching event as Faculty or Course Chairs in the last three years (table instructors and others who did not give any lectures are excluded), and
- have attended an FEP, and
- are active AO VET members
An invitation to vote on the chosen candidates for your region will be sent via electronic mail with accompanying instructions explaining how the AO VET online voting system works.
The successful candidates will be announced in July 2020. The elected Regional Board Members will assume their posts in July 2020.
Thank you for your interest in, and support of, AO VET, and wishing every success to the interested applicants!
AO VET team