Call for applications for the Latin America Regional Board chairperson
AO VET is seeking for candidates for the Latin America Regional Board chairperson position
21 October 2019
Don't miss this opportunity to get involved! We are looking for candidates who fulfill the criteria, including:
- Veterinary surgeon in active practice
- Broad knowledge and experience regarding AO Foundation and AO VET issues accrued through current or past AO VET Latin America Board or AO VET International Board membership, and residence the region Latin America. Past members of these boards can apply only if they served no longer than seven years ago.
- Regional reputation and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good and clear communicator, good listener with the ability to work in multicultural environments
- Good command of the English language
- Prepared to spend the equivalent of an average of two days per month on AO VET/AO affairs
- Team player who can collaborate to achieve goals
- Willing and prepared to travel globally (no exceptions)
AO VET invites potential candidates who fulfill the requirements provided in the job description to submit their completed applications by November 18, 2019, 3pm CET to AO VET Executive Director Eberhard Denk at email@example.com.
Eligibility: Please see the job description for details.
Position: Chairperson, AO VET Latin America Board (LAT), three-year term
Required Documents: To apply, please submit the following documents:
- The AO VET Summary of Curriculum Vitae Form with a recent passport-size portrait photograph. If you have any difficulty uploading your photo, please forward a photo of yourself in one of the common electronic formats (eg, JPEG or BMP) along with your application.
- A comprehensive letter of intent (three pages maximum) describing your goals and priorities as future AO VET Latin America Regional Board chairperson
- Signed AO Foundation Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Optional: complete professional curriculum vitae
What should I consider when applying?
The job description for the future regional board chairperson now contains a description of general responsibilities accompanied by a list of additional focus activities in the areas of Education (EDU), Community Development (CD) and Research and Development (R&D). The new board chairperson will be expected to cover all areas with at least minimum competency and should have an affinity for or knowledge of one or more of the focus activities, which should be declared in the application.
Are there any restrictions on applications?
According to the AO VET Terms of Reference, not more than two members of a regional board can come from the same country (as determined by place of work rather than nationality), except in exceptional circumstances. This rule also applies to the regional board chairperson.
Learn more about the composition of your current regional board here.
How will my application be processed?
Please submit your documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
The AO VET Nominating Committee for the regional board chairperson elections (the AO VET International Board) will evaluate applicants’ credentials and eligibility and establish a list of qualified candidates for election.
Who gets to cast a vote?
The AO VET International Board has recently approved a fundamental change in the election procedure for regional board members. The electorate now consists of:
- Voting members of the AO VET International Board
- Voting members of the AO VET regional boards
- Voting members of the AO VET global commissions
The successful candidate will be announced in December 2019. The elected Regional Board chairperson will assume his/her post in July 2020.
Thank you for your interest in—and your support for—AO VET. We wish the applicants every success!
Your AO VET team