Call for Applications for Asia Pacific, European and Latin America Board Members
AO VET is seeking faculty members for Asia Pacific, European and Latin America Regional Board Positions
15 February 2019
Don't miss out on the chance to get involved! We are looking for candidates who
- are active AO VET Faculty and have been involved in at least one teaching event as Faculty or Course Chair in the last three years
- have completed a Faculty Education Program (FEP)
- are motivated to shape the future of AO VET
AO VET invites potential candidates, who fulfill the requirements provided in the job description, to submit their completed application by March 15, 2019, 3pm CET to Eberhard Denk, AO VET Executive Director, email@example.com.
EligibilityPlease see the job description for details:
- One Member of the AO VET Asia Pacific (AP) Board: 3-year term (small animal surgeon)
- One Member of the AO VET European (EU) Board: 3-year term (large animal surgeon)
- One Member of the AO VET European (EU) Board: 3-year term (small animal surgeon)
- One Member of the AO VET Latin America (LAT) Board: 3-year term (large animal surgeon)
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- The AO VET Summary of Curriculum Vitae Form with a recent passport-size portrait photograph. Should you encounter difficulties in uploading a current photo, please forward with your application a photograph of you in one of the usual electronic formats, e.g. JPEG, BMP.
- A comprehensive Letter of Intent that describes your goals and priorities as a future Regional Board Member (maximum 3 pages)
- Signed AO Foundation Code of Ethics
- Optional: complete personal Curriculum Vitae
Summary of Curriculum Vitae Forms
What should I consider when applying?
The job descriptions for future Regional Board Members now contain a description of general responsibilities accompanied by a list of additional focus activities in the areas of Education (EDU), Community Development (CD) and Research & Development (R&D). As a potential new Board Member, you will be expected to cover all areas with at least-minimum competency, but you should have an affinity for, or knowledge of, one or more of the focus activities which you should declare in your application.
How are AO VET Regional Boards formed?
Each Regional Board (Asia-Pacific [APAC], Europe [EU], Latin-America [LAT], North America [NA]) will appoint one elected board member with a declared affinity for EDU, CD or R&D as its regional representative on AO VET’s corresponding international Commission (EDU, CD, R&D). All the three Commissions will therefore consist of 4 members (one from each region) and one Chairperson. In addition, one elected member from each board will represent large animal surgery. This means there are new and exciting opportunities for Regional Board members to participate in our organization’s leadership activities!
Are there any restrictions on applications?
According to the terms of reference, not more than two members of a Regional Board can come from the same country (as determined by place of work rather than nationality), except in exceptional circumstances—this rule also includes the Regional Board Chairperson
Also, each Regional Board can have only one representative from the Large Animal area.
Please access here the current composition of your Regional Board.
How will my application be processed?
Please submit your documents via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
The Nominating Committee for the Regional Board Member elections (Chairperson and Members of the AO VET International Board) will then evaluate the credentials and eligibility of the applicants and establish a list of qualified candidates for election.
Who gets to cast a vote?
The AO VET International Board has recently decided on a fundamental change of the election procedure for Regional Board members. The electorate now consists of active faculty of a respective region who:
1. were actively involved in a teaching event as Faculty or Course Chairs in the last three years (table instructors and others who did not give any lectures are excluded), and
2. have attended an FEP, and
3. are active AO VET members
An invitation to vote on the chosen candidates for your region will be sent via electronic mail with accompanying instructions explaining how the AO VET online voting system works.
The successful candidates will be announced in July 2019. The elected Regional Board Members will assume their posts in July 2019.
Thank you for your interest in, and support of, AO VET and wishing every success to the interested applicants!
Your AO VET team